You can have the best blog, but if you don’t have good SEO, then many readers won’t ever find your content. How do people find your content on the Internet, if there are millions of blog on internet already? To get listed in the search engine you need to do Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which is an art and a science that helps search engines discover your content and increase the number of people arriving at your site through organic search results.
If you have a blog which is running on WordPress platform, you can use following plugins for SEO. I got a list of best WordPress SEO-plugins that can help you in improving your blog ranking.
1. All In One SEO Pack – One of the most popular plugins ever for WordPress(recently reached the 10 million downloads), this plugin makes easy for anyone to optimize WordPress blog posts and is ready to use. It has features like generating meta tags based on content automatically, avoiding duplicated content, optimizing titles of posts automatically and works on WP E-commerce websites.
2. WordPress SEO by Yoast – is an all-in-one plugin. Its features include xml sitemap generation, webmaster tools verification, RSS Optimization, Social integration, custom breadcrumbs, page analysis, rich snippets, export settings and import from All-in-One SEO and many mores.
3. SEO Friendly Images – This plugin automatically adds alt and title attributes to all your images improving traffic from search engines. This will result in more users to your site especially from the image search results.
4. SEO Content Control – This plugin helps to identify weak content in your site. It lets you check, which of your posts have too little content, and shows, where an excerpt or a meta description is missing.
5. SEO Rank Reporter – is great plugin that allows you to analyze the position for any keyword in google search engine. It also shows the position as a graph which clearly tells whether you are moving up or down for the given keywords.
6. Google XML Sitemaps – You need XML sitemaps for faster indexing of your blog contents in search engines. This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines to better index your blog.
7. SEO Ultimate – is a fully featured tool with extensive SEO capabilities. The developer constantly updates it and adds new features making it the best application available. This plugin has lots of online research tools such as Competition Researcher, Keyword research, etc. It has also many modules.
8. SEO Slugs – This plugin can help you optimize your blog post URLs for search engines. It strips common words like “what”, “you” or “can” out of your post slug to make it more search engine friendly.
9. Yet Another Related Posts – Interlinking between the pages and posts in your site is crucial for long term SEO success.
10. Redirection – A simple, elegant plugin that helps you redirect one page to another. When you move a page from one spot on your blog to another, Redirection can help ensure your visitors find the new page and that you won’t lose page’s status in search results.